Before purchasing “the perfect” car online, you may want to do your homework. Below are a few things to keep in mind when going online to buy a used car.
- Determine the type of car. Avoid making impulsive decisions and purchasing cars that don’t match your lifestyle. Make a list of your routine driving needs and select a car that best matches those needs. Needless to say two-seater cars aren’t ideal for big families.
- Budget – Someone once told me if you want to marry a blond haired blue eyed woman , only date a blonde hairs blue eyed woman. Once you know your budget – only look at cars within your budget.
- Research – Read up on the different types of cars you may be interested. Use Google to find websites to help your research. Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds, and many others are great websites to find the information you are looking for.
- Features – The more features you are interested in the more it typically will cost you. Try to decide what you can and can not live without.
- Add-on Costs – Factor in things like taxes and license and registration. These things also need to be considered in to total costs.
- Car Facts – Be sure to run a history check for the car once you find your “perfect” used car. You can see the number of times the car was sold and it was involved in any accidents.
- Shop around – Compare several cars of the same specific type that you are interested in. Don’t get emotionally attached – and make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Bad Apples – There are always a few bad apples in the bunch. To make sure you don’t get taken, look at websites such as CarsDirect, or CarMax to make sure you don’t get ripped off. They will let you know of people / dealerships not to buy from.